Friday, June 5, 2009

VIDEO: UTF Meet in the Middle Interviews - Cleve Jones

UPDATE: There was a question from Queer John in the comments about the three other groups that have reserved the Washington Mall for the same dates at the National March for Equality. Good question.

I just spoke to Cleve and he is aware of the situation and has actually worked with one of these groups before. He is also in communication with Washington's parks and police departments. He will know more Monday and once I speak to him then, I will let you know what happens.

He's done this before. I bet he could organize a march in his sleep.
------------------------
Unite the Fight interviews long-time activist Cleve Jones and discuss his announcement of the National March for Equality in Washington DC this coming October 10-11, 2009.



Read more about how the Washington DC march came into being.

2 comments:

  1. What about the national mall already being booked by 3 other groups that day? When will the organizers of the march on DC address that point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, not having been involved with the march, I wasn't aware of this. But I will see what I can find out.

    ReplyDelete