Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama Asked About Marriage Equality on 'Inside the White House'

NBC's "Inside the White House" was a huge hit, and since the numbers were so high, I suspect many LGBT folks were watching too (I don't know why, just a guess).

At this point in the program, I'm sure they all froze, listening intently to Obama's response to the question about his support for the LGBT population and marriage equality.



I've already stated my two cents on Obama, but the irony of sticking to the separate but equal stance on civil unions is so glaring coming from our first African American president.

It saddens me. But I haven't given up completely.

Check out Equal Roots Matt Palazzolo's contributing thoughts on the president.

Also, read today's Politico piece, "Gay groups grow impatient with Barack Obama."

No comments:

Post a Comment