Wednesday, November 12, 2008

With good news comes bad news . . .

Naturally, with all of us and our allies fighting the legal battle to overturn Prop 8, there's going to be opposition. And one of my mission statements is TO KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION. Well, folks, here they are:

THE CAMPAIGN FOR CALIFORNIA FAMILIES

Here is their motion: (Lots of legalese, but important to read)

It makes me cringe to think that I have to oppose a campaign that has "California Families" in its title. If anything, isn't the No on 8 PRO-FAMILY, which protects ALL California families?

When I heard about this motion to stop our work against Prop 8, I flipped. I got so angry. Sometimes it just hits me what they are doing, and I wonder, "What is their problem? What does my right to marry and protect my family have to do with them?" My boyfriend tried to calm me down saying, "Well, actually, they DO think it has everything to do with them."

After I heard that, I tried to relax. I'm usually good at putting myself in other people's shoes, even my opposition. This was a tough one. Why do they care so much? But the thing is, they do.

We need to know the very moment they move. The very moment they decide to act in ANY capacity. And at that very moment, we communicate to our community and protest IMMEDIATELY. This is a chess game.

DO NOT GIVE THEM AN INCH! DO NOT BECOME COMPLACENT!

Folks, this is going to be a long fight. Get prepared. But stay vigilant!

No comments:

Post a Comment