Friday, November 14, 2008

Email the leader of Yes on 8 Campaign

I received this email that's been going around from Ron V. Thought I'd share it with all of you, too.

"Protests and boycotting seems to be bothering Ron Prentice, leader of Protect Marriage. The following was taken from today's Los Angeles Times:

'No matter your opinion of Proposition 8, we should all agree that it is wrong to intimidate and harass churches, businesses and individuals for participating in the democratic process," Ron Prentice, of Protect Marriage.com, said in a statement. Boycotters were "unabashedly trampling on the rights of others," he said.

Would you help me explain to Ron Prentice a little bit about the rights we do and do not have in the Constitution of this state and this country? He's a little confused. His email is RonP@CaliforniaFamily.org

Here are some tips:

1. To get him to open you email, use a subject line that does not give away your political stance
2. Afraid that the organization has your email? Use a newly created email where you do not mind getting Protect Marriage spam.
3. Don't have much time to write an email? Use my email. See below.

Thanks. Please spread the word.


Ron P,

I'm sorry to hear that my losing the right to "marry" my partner is inconveniencing you, organizations, and businesses. It must be nice to still retain all of your rights as provided by the Constitution of this country and this state. Although the slight majority just 'REVISED" the state Constitution to take away rights, I think someone should explain to you that I still have some rights. I have the right to free speech, to protest, and to spend my money where I want. Or does your organization want to take those too? Yes, we all have the right to participate in the democratic process. NOBODY is taking ANY of your rights away, as provided by either Constitution. What we are doing is "unabashedly" inconveniencing you with our freedom of speech and our right to protest and our rights to spend money where we want.

Again, I'm sorry to inconvenience YOU.

Ron V"

No comments:

Post a Comment