Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Project Classifieds (aka Project Equality Wanted)

SOMETHING YOU CAN DO:
Want to get the same-sex marriage issue back in the media in a positive way? Want to make a memorable statement in a way that’s never been done before?

DO SOMETHING:

Join us in taking over statewide newspapers on Sunday, May 3rd!

WHO:
The LGBT community and their allies

WHAT:

Taking over statewide classifieds in the CA newspapers

WHEN:

The ads will need to be in the May 3rd paper, so make sure you submit yours with enough time to meet the deadline. Make sure your ad is not printed early!

WHERE:
All publications in CA that have classifieds

HOW:

We need as many people as possible to submit marriage equality classified or personal ads to publications in CA. Be as creative as you can, but make sure it is obvious you are talking about marriage equality. If you can submit multiple ads or hit numerous publications, please do so. We want to make sure no one will miss our ads, so the more that are submitted the better. If you want to submit half page or full page adds, please do that as well. If you can write in a foreign language, please consider submitting ads in newspapers that are published in different languages.

WHY:
Classifieds are read by numerous people across the state. This is our chance to reach out to people in a humorous, non-confrontational way that will be remembered. While protests are great, they can’t be the only way we fight back. In order to keep our issue in the media, we will need to be more creative.

SAMPLE ADS:

LOST AND FOUND
Lost - my right to marry the person I love. Last seen on November 4th, 2008. If seen, please return to law abiding, taxpaying citizen. It is dearly missed.

FOR SALE
My Rights

FOR SALE
Equal rights for minorities.

WANTED
The right to marry the person I love. If anyone has a right to marry that they are not using, please let me know. This right must be non-revocable and available to all people regardless of their sexual orientation. Please call ASAP if you can help me secure equality for all.

TEMPORARY HOME NEEDED

My right to marry the person I love needs a good home since I am temporarily displaced from my Constitutional Protections. If you know of a place where I can protect my dream to marry him/her until I can get my rights back, please contact me.

PERSONALS

Seeking responsible committed right to visit my spouse in the hospital when I travel out of state, ability to give my social security benefits to my spouse and seeking the 1,138 other federal rights denied my spouse at present . No flakes or substitutes need apply!
Check out this action's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment