Monday, April 20, 2009

UPDATE: Miss California USA Answers No to Same-Sex Marriage During Pageant

UPDATE: Miss California USA has a gay rights activist sister.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perez Hilton asked Miss California USA Carrie Prejean, of San Diego, "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit, why or why not?"

Her answer:



Just in case you can't hear it well, her answer:

"Well, I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or another. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And, you know what? In my country and in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be—between a man and a woman. Thank you!"

Uhm, she didn't win. She was first runner-up though. Her answer did spark a shouting match in the lobby after the show.

1 comment: