Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ACTION: Help Lt. Dan Choi By Signing Letter to House Speaker Pelosi Asking For DADT Repeal

On Tuesday the Federal Recognition Board recommended the discharging of Lt. Dan Choi under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy because he publicly stated that he is gay. However, the final decision is made by senior Army officials which could come within weeks to a year.

Today in an email through the Courage Campaign, and alongside Lt. Choi's organization Knights Out and the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, Lt. Choi asks for the continued support from LGBT and allies by signing a letter to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
"I've made my case to President Obama -- supported by more than 140,000 of your signatures. I've made my case to the Army -- supported by more than 160,000 of your signatures. And I will continue to make my case until they fire me for good.

"Now we need to make our case to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Will you join me in asking Speaker Pelosi to strongly support legislation currently in Congress that would repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"? Please sign on to our letter before July 4th and I'll personally deliver your signatures to the Speaker ASAP."
Go to the Courage Campaign website to read and sign the letter to speaker Nancy Pelosi. Do it by July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment