Monday, September 28, 2009

California Gubernatorial Candidate Believes Being Against Marriage Equality Is Not a Slap in the Face to LGBT

California gubernatorial Republican candidate Meg Whitman, former CEO for eBay, doesn't believe her stance against marriage equality is a slap in the face to millions of gays and lesbians. She claims her pro-civil union platform should be enough.

In an interview with CBS 5, she states:
"So as you know I am pro-civil union and not for gay marriage. And just for me, that term marriage, for me needs to be between a man and a woman...I do not feel it is a slap in the face. I had a terrific record at eBay, an excellent work environment for people of all different backgrounds and all walks of life. And as I said I am pro-civil union."
See the full interview here.

So my fellow Californians, you may not know who Meg Whitman is, since CBS5 reports that nearly 60% of Californians either had no opinion of her or were neutral.

But get to know her.

Being Republican may be enough for her NOT to get your vote, but be advised, like many other candidates in her party, she's also against marriage equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment