Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rep. Barney Frank Says March Will Only Put "Pressure on the Grass."

Rep. Barney Frank, in true characteristic form, opens his mouth again with brow raising results. And if calling the National Equality March "useless" wasn't enough the first time, he now says the march is a complete "waste of time at best."

"The only thing they're going to be putting pressure on is the grass," Frank told the AP.

"We hear Congressman Frank when he says this is about getting back into your district and doing the work there," said Kip Williams, co-director of the march and of One Struggle One Fight. But he said the march in Washington "is about building community and building a network who will go back and do that work."

Like I said the first time Frank criticized the march, "I have a lot of respect for Frank, but these comments just show how little time he's taken to read up on what his own community is up to. In the very least, he shouldn't discourage people to take a stand for themselves.

"He's missed the mark here. Usually I don't agree with people who say Frank should shut up more often, but in this case, I would have to concur."

AP Photo/Steven Senne

11 comments:

  1. I concur as well, unless Frank has any ideas to share about how to sustain LGBT Activism and inspire our youth to carry on the fight. To me, this is the most important aspect of the NEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand where he is coming from. I struggle with this march, because I really don't see the impact it will make. If this was in the summer, with more folks involved, congress in session and the elections a few months away, I think it would better served.

    However, I hope something can be achieved this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disappointed with Frank. If he cannot be constructive, he should just shut the hell up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Will I Damage My Car If I Wash It Using The 2700 PSI Machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. Pressure Washer Guides

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. stanley shp2150 2150 psi electric pressure washer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. best rated well pressure tanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks air fryer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. the best keurig coffee maker

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. SMT Reflow Oven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing such amazing information with us. If you need professional website designing, mobile app development, SEO & PPC services in Delhi, India. Visit OGEN Infosystem and detailed information about web designing and app development.
    Website Designing Company in India

    ReplyDelete