Tuesday, May 12, 2009

UPDATE: Miss CA Keeps Her Crown, States "I Was Punished" for Speaking Mind


Today, Donald Trump announced at a press conference that Carrie Prejean will keep her crown as Miss CA.

"She gave an honest answer and for that she should be commended," he said in reference to the marriage equality question posed by Perez Hilton during the pageant.



"We have determined that the pictures taken are fine, so we've made a determination that everything we've seen, we've made a determination that they're acceptable and in many cases very lovely pictures...So we made a determination that pictures taken are acceptable, some are risque, and some, are very beautiful."

"It's the same answer that the President of the United States gave," he said. "It's the same answer that many people gave... It was a very controversial question. It was a fair question. If her beauty wasn't as great, many wouldn't have cared."

Trump went on to say in regards to the Miss CA organization, "There has been a miscommunication with Carrie. I believe the miscommunication problem is solved...They are really getting along well... They have met for hours in my office."

When he announced that Carrie would keep her crown, some paparazzi clapped. "When the paparazzi claps, you know you've made a good decision," said Trump.

Carrie Prejean then spoke.

"Three weeks ago I was asked a politically charged question with a personal agenda...I was given a question asking for my opinion, and I stated my honest belief...The president, the secretary of state, and many Americans share with my opinion."

"Being at the centre of a media fire storm isn't what I had planned or what i signed up for," she continued. "But I have learned to stand up for what I believe in...despite the personal attacks."

"Let me be clear - I am not an activist," she stated flatly. "I was thrown into this firestorm." She clarified that she was an "advocate" for marriage.

Whatever that means.

"Although I am not the most vocal in my defense of marriage...I have become the most visible."

She went on to tearfully recount the story of her grandfather being involved in the Battle of the Bulge and how he fought for her right to freedom of speech.

And then she declared herself a victim.

"On that stage, I exercise my freedom of speech and I was punished for doing so...My faith commands us to forgive one another."

She went on to explain that the nude photos were taken by a girlfriend for "application and not for publication" to expand her portfolio. The latest pictures released today were "photoshopped to discredit my beliefs."

"I hope at the end of the day that everyone can respect my rights as I can respect theirs...I'm convinced now more than ever in standing up for your beliefs and your convictions."

She wants everyone out there to be inspired by her story and to "not be silent."

When asked why she didn't tell the pageant officials she had taken those nudes, she used the "I didn't remember I had taken them" defense. She asked the reporter, "Do you remember everything you did when you were 16?"

Uh, if I were sixteen and posed nude, yeah, I would remember. Especially if it were only a few years ago. It's not like it was a long time ago for her.

The issue here now is that she's made herself look like a victim and the LGBT population the evil bad guys. And I have to say, Perez has done more damage than good. But that's my opinion.

However, this girl is no victim. She's lived a privileged life and for the first time, has had to defend what she believes in. She now knows what it feels to defend yourself from a disapproving crowd. Maybe even experienced some unnecessary discrimination. But now she's a victim?

Try doing some research Carrie. Look into LGBT history. You'll see true definitions of victims and discrimination.

Just go back to your pageants, Carrie, and shut up. We'll continue to fight for the rights you take for granted.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right go back to your pageants, go back to opening grocery stores. One thing she accurately symbolizes in california, the struggle that we have to contend with here in in our own front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAAAAAH PEOPLE DISAGREED WITH MY OPINION!!!!!!

    I think she doesn't really understand that her critics are also exercising their "freedom of speech."

    ReplyDelete