"A couple of key points:See Queers United post on helping Bud Martin get elected.
* It is my belief, and that of some others, that our Democratic governor [John Lynch], while voicing a muted, personal opposition to marriage equality, does not have the political space to veto this if it passes the state senate.
* Right now, we have a 14-9 Democratic majority in the senate.
* We also have a special election for the 24th seat coming up in just a cople of weeks. The Democrat in the race, Bud Martin, has announced that he supports marriage equality! If he wins prior to a vote, he could very well be the clincher.
In order to help New Hampshire pass the bill, Barker lists some ACTIONS:
1) Contact the state senate, especially if you are a Granite Stater, with your support of HB436. Be polite, please - they are likely getting deluged right now on this on both sides.
2) Give if you can to Democrat Bud Martin's special election state senate campaign, who supports HB436.
3) Spread the word to anyone you know in New Hamphshire who can attend the public hearing this Wednesday.
Barker also contributes to Blue Hampshire, NH's progressive political blog, on which he has an ongoing series titled Face of Marriage Equality, a must see. Spread the word.