All the information you need is in the calendar at the bottom of the blog or more details at AllorNotAtAll.org.
DATE: Sunday, January 18, 2009
TIME: 11:00am to 2:00pm (if leaving from L.A., you’ll need to leave by 9:30am in order to drive, park, walk and be in place to start right at 11:00am.)
LOCATION: We will be standing in front of the main entrance on Portola Parkway. The address is:
1 Saddleback Parkway, Lake Forest, CA 92630
REMINDER: Try to “go” before you go, or stop on the way there if three hours might challenge your bladder. If you are in desperate need during the protest, please consider buying something at the AM/PM so that the local community is supportive.
Unfortunately, we were not able to arrange for buses (we’re funding this out of our own pockets, and our pockets just aren’t that deep). We wish we could guarantee everyone a ride because we want a large attendance, so we are begging some of you to offer to carpool if you have an extra seat or two as not everyone has transportation. If you can drive someone, please be at one of the following locations at 9:00am and get out your protest poster so people know you are a driver. And if you are grabbing a ride, be nice and consider offering to help out with gas.
There will be three meeting places:
1. The parking lot for the park in West Hollywood on San Vicente on the west side of the street, across from the Pacific Design Center.
2. The parking lot for the Universal City subway stop on Lankershim. (Please wait on the Lankershim side as it is a large parking lot.)
3. Any suggestions for a place in Long Beach so we can post it?
Park on El Toro Road:
* On the Southwest-bound side (heading back toward the 5 freeway) between Portola Parkway and Normandale.
* On BOTH sides of the street between El Toro Road and Saddleback Parkway
* Do NOT park on the Northwest-bound side (away from the 5 freeway) of El Toro Road between Normandale and Portola or you may be ticketed/towed!
* Do NOT park in the parking lot of the business across the street. We do not want a poor report card (or story in the press!) about being bad guests.
In the event that you get a ticket AND you are parked in one of the above-mentioned areas, please send an email to email@example.com after the rally and we will put you in touch with someone to void the ticket. (It couldn’t hurt to provide photographic evidence that you were parked properly.)
Please use caution while walking along El Toro Road. Traffic is dangerous and in the area where there are a lot of bushes, there are sometimes also wild animals.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department has been incredibly supportive of our event. They are concerned for our safety and they are definitely are friends, so please obey all instructions immediately. We are hoping that nobody is ticketed or arrested during this event. And be sure to thank them profusely!
If you have any questions or concerns about safety or anything else, feel free to grab one of the marshals wearing a white armband. They are representatives from the various groups attending and will help you. Please listen to their instructions as well as they will be in constant communication with the Sheriff’s Department.
* If you have a camera, bring it and then email us the photos afterward so we can post them!
* If you have a videocamera, please bring it and record the events. Especially the speech from Robin Tyler! We want to put together a video report very quickly afterward to share online. (If CNN isn’t there, we want to send them an iReport!)
* Bring your posters!
* Bring water, sunscreen (it may be 80 degrees) and signs if you have them.