Sunday, December 21, 2008

Atrocities US Allows by Not Signing the UN Resolution

I was forwarded an article about Saudia Arabia and its treatment of homosexuals being some of the worst in the world. I was going to do a post about this article to follow up my UN Community Call to Action when I found this post on Be One City, "We Are Being Beheaded and Beaten." It sums up the article and its context very well.

It's a long read, but I feel necessary to fully understand how horrible homosexuals are being treated far from our borders. This distance doesn't excuse our government from turning a blind eye, however. If we're suppose to be leaders in human rights, how can we not easily add our signature to the UN's resolution to put an end to this?

It boggles my mind.

1 comment:

  1. With all the broohaha over Rick Warren, Obama and even the good news about Jerry Brown, I personally found the UN Resolution story the most significant of this rather busy week in gay news. The travesty of the U.S. declining to join in the non-binding resolution to decriminalize homosexuality worldwide was shamefully ignored by the mainstream media, and I found scant attention given to it by the gay community (both observations admittedly anecdotal).


    The article was very difficult to get through, and I had to pause several times to walk away and deal with my upset.

    But it sure makes me LOVE our problems here in California. Gay Marriage is a vital issue to me ... but I'm so happy to have THAT as our vital gay issue. It's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete