Public Invited to Virtual Town Hall Meeting:
“Prop. 8: The Facts and Future”
WHAT: A virtual town hall meeting entitled “Prop 8: The Facts and Future” on Tuesday, November 25, accessible to anyone with a computer and Internet connection. The 90-minute online forum will be hosted by Karen Ocamb, news editor at IN Los Angeles news magazine. Panel members include:
· Amy Balliett, founder of Join the Impact
· Lorri L. Jean, chief executive officer of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
· Geoff Kors, executive director of Equality California
· Rev. Eric Lee, president/chief executive officer of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference Los Angeles
· Shannon Minter, legal director at the National Center for Lesbian Rights
· John Perez, assembly member-elect of California’s 46th District
· Steve Smith, No on 8 senior campaign consultant of Dewey Square.
WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2008, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Visit www.lagaycenter.org/Prop8TownHall for details.
INFO: Questions for the panel can be e-mailed in advance of the event to the moderator at TownHallModerator@gmail.com and can also be submitted live during the event.