The Aftermath of Prop 8: Is Gay Really the New Black?
- How should we respond to the argument that "blacks betrayed gays" in supporting Prop. 8?
- Does this framing suggest that all blacks are straight and all gays are white?
- How does the dominant interpretation of Prop. 8 compare various communities of color?
- What can we learn from the political and representational strategies of the campaigns regarding Prop. 8 in California?
- What does a multiracial and coalitional politics for LGBT equality require and promise for winning and sustaining equal rights?
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008
6:00pm to 7:30pm
UCLA School of Law - Room 1430
For questions, please contact Professor Robinson by email at email@example.com
Co-sponsored by the Williams Institute and the African American Policy Forum